Talent & Development Manager
NORTH EAST (Ref 634) PERMANENT
£60k – £70k + Equity!
Full time or 4 days, Hybrid and flexible on hours of work
Our client is on an exciting journey to scale up their business in the North East, the first of it’s kind in the UK. This is the perfect time to join and create a Talent function which will deliver an outstanding candidate experience, while hiring and developing the best talent.
Working with the Head of People & Talent, you will initially focus on setting and implementing the resourcing strategy. This will involve consultation with internal stakeholders, focusing on local engagement, building the employer brand, and creating innovative ways to attract and grow talent in the business.
It is envisaged that the first 24-36 months of this role being recruitment and training focused and our client would support candidates looking to move from a purely recruitment focused role to a combined Recruitment and HR role. Support and coaching will be provided to enable you to make this transition in readiness for recruitment activities slowing down.
KEY FOCUS AREAS WILL INCLUDE:
Workforce Planning: mapping out the future workforce requirements, ‘growing our own’ and investing in the local area so identifying entry points to new or returning people to the jobs market will be key (e.g. Apprenticeships, Graduates, Re-Training)
Recruitment: lead the recruitment activity, using workforce planning data and industry trends to proactively address talent gaps and emerging hiring needs, through the use of a range of creative resourcing methods, to attract a diverse range of fantastic candidates
Training: lead the training activity for the business. Work with local training providers to create
bespoke training packages
Employer Branding: collaborate with the marketing and communication teams to develop employer branding initiatives that build and enhance the company’s brand in the local area
Local Engagement: proactively seek out and attend appropriate contacts and networking events. These events may relate to business and industry networking, government events, community and charity outreach work.
Line Manager Development: build strong relationships with line managers to assist them with identifying and defining their resourcing requirements, coaching them through the full end-to-end recruitment process from writing a job description through to supporting the planning and successful implementation of a new starter’s bespoke induction programme
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Proven experience as a recruitment business partner or similar role in a fast-paced environment or business scale up environment with a strong understanding of talent acquisition best practices, current recruitment trends and local market knowledge
- A passion (and ideally experience) introducing the latest technology to improve recruitment and HR in the workplace – whether that be AI, systems or other technologies
- Strong communication skills. This role will require working with and coaching / influencing line managers as well as significant external liaison
- A demonstrable track record of using social media channels for both recruitment and employer branding purposes with a keen eye for design and attention to detail
- Strong project management and personal organisational skills – this role will be the local lynchpin for new starters and also for the graduate and apprentice schemes
- A good working knowledge of the types of contracts and agreements normally in place around resourcing
- Ideally have experience in the design and development of creative assessment techniques that allow us to identify future talent and talent needs
- Qualified to use psychometrics assessments
- A desire to work with others collaboratively to find solutions to new challenges
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Proactive approach to identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to work to deadlines and to manage competing demands from various stakeholders
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills with strong attention to detail