People Services Assistant
NEWCASTLE (Ref 490), Permanent, Office Based
Up to £23K, 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Amazing benefits! Including: Life Insurance (4 x salary) and Private Medical for all staff.
Do you want a career for an employer who puts teamwork and their people above all else?
We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a professional and respected client within the HR function.
You’ll join the people services team and help make a real different to the HR function of the company, their vision is a team is to provide a professional, efficient, proactive and client service focus, that adds value by helping its people to achieve excellence and making it a great place to work. You will join the team that has an important role to play to support the upcoming growth of the company through the attraction, recruitment, retention and development of their people. Working with the Senior People Services Manager, People Services Advisor and Learning and Development Trainer and Co-Ordinator, the People Services Assistant will provide generalist support with the daily operational activities and duties required of the team.
- Provide administrative support to the People Services team.
- Diary management, ensuring all key dates are captured and accurate, such as probationary review periods, interviews.
- Produce all standard letters and other correspondence as required to a high standard.
- Process documentation relating to People Services activities, such as induction programmes and maintaining up to date information on the intranet.
- Ensure all performance reviews are coordinated, tracked and filed as appropriate.
- Support the recruitment and induction of new starters, managing the whole recruitment and communication process, including liaising with external recruitment agents, creating and posting job advertisements in line with Head of Department requirements.
- Assist with the company’s graduate and apprentice recruitment programmes.
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee records, such as holiday and sickness absence records.
- Assist with the booking of courses and administration involved with the training and development of our people as required.
- Support and play an active part in the health and wellbeing and employee engagement activities.
- Carry out filing and archiving ensuring all personal files and records are kept up to date and in line with GDPR guidelines.
- A minimum of 6 months’ generalist HR experience or in a similar role; within a legal or professional services environment would be an advantage.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A* to C (9 to 5), including Maths and English.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, Word and Excel in particular), including accurate typing ability.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Produces accurate work and has an excellent attention to detail.
- Discrete and maintains confidentiality, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- Proven ability to provide a client focused service to both internal and external people.
- Able to work to deadlines and juggle a varied and busy workload, managing time effectively.